Search This Blog

Thursday 30 January 2014

From Ultimate Self Realization course....

Question by a devotee:
How to Keep Faith When I Can't Go to Temple Often?


I read your daily sayings with attention and learn a lot from them. However, I recently lost my job and since transport is very expensive and the Radha Krishna temple is far away from where I live, how do I keep my association of devotees ongoing? I miss going to the temple but can't afford to do so anymore, and I am finding it hard to keep my faith sometimes when I am tired and discouraged.

Can you provide any guidance on how I can keep my faith alive even if I pray at home?

Many thanks
 
Answers by Citing the Vedic Version:
 Always Remember Srila Prabhupada's Teachings

 
If by force of circumstances you cannot physically associate with the Lord's devotees, you should associate with them constantly within your heart by the method taught by Srila Prabhupada in a letter he wrote to his disciple, Sivananda Sen Das, who was feeling very lonely away from the association of the other devotees:

"You write to say, 'I really miss Prabhupada and my Godbrothers' association so much.' But I may remind you that I am always with you. Wherever I am, you and your Godbrothers are there. Please remember always the humble teachings that you have received from me, and that will keep you always associated with me and with your Godbrothers also."

If you will sincerely follow the above advise of Srila Prabhupada, you will feel strongly connected and protected in your Krishna consciousness even while you are physically separated from the devotees.
Sankarshan Adhikari Maharaja...

 


Chant....
HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE
HARE RAM HARE RAM RAM RAM HARE HARE
....and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment